Tuesday, March 17, 2009

LDS

I am going to visit the Mormons today -- to see if they can help me find records on my great-grandfather (Ysidoro Varela Granillos) and my great-grandmother (Tomasa Contreras -- wish I knew her other last name).

A marriage certificate would rock my world!!

Cross your fingers.

As a side note, here's an interesting site that offers "information" about the Temple and the Church.

I will try to remember to take a photo while I am there to add it here.

I have other updates that I have not been remembering to post... more soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I was searching for Ysidoro Varela today and came across your blog, which was apparently a while back. Today I came across a very old journal containing the beginning of a household budget. The name entered was Ysidoro Varela, the date was 1948 and the address written in the book was 601 W. Orange St., Santa Maria. Let me know if this may be the person you are looking for because I would like to get this back to the family.

Cristy

AnnaC said...

Cristy -- My Ysidoro died in 1910, so the one who was in Santa Maria in 1948 was not related to me.

I hope you are able to find his family, though, so you can get that journal to them!