Wednesday, September 19, 2012

AAAs

After I published the last piece, I realized that I had not mentioned here that I also submitted a poster presentation abstract for the American Anthropological Association's meetings in San Francisco this fall.

I heard this summer that I had been accepted... another small victory on my way to this PhD thing.

However, since I have not really amassed much in the way of research on my actual dissertation project, I submitted the abstract on my St. Catherine work.

Specifically, I will be using the archival data I found in Santa Fe to explore the different ways that Catholic was performed at the school in the 1980s.  I am interested specifically in the way different ways of understanding religion and culture are portrayed in the school newsletters I read.

I have not started transforming the paper I wrote into the poster content ... and I have to go back to the archives to see if I can get better renditions of the pictures... but I will try to remember to share the poster here when it is done.

No comments: